We are hiring for a Counselor Network Program Coordinator! This position is part time (20 hours/week) with some flexibility in designing your schedule. Compensation is $25.20/hr ($26,200/yr) with full benefits. Application deadline April 11, 20201. Email Resume AND Cover Letter to SFADC[at]sfadc[dot]org with “Counselor Network Coordinator Position” in the subject line.
The Counselor Network Coordinator is a 20 hour a week position that supports SFADC’s Counselor Network. This peer-to-peer education network is led by frontline tenant counselors on staff or volunteering at dozens of tenant rights clinics around the city. This position coordinates trainings for the network with a focus on building relationships and fostering collaboration between a diverse network of tenant rights counselors and legal service providers in San Francisco. The coordinator also oversees direct tenant education efforts, including the development and distribution of multilingual educational materials. While experience as a tenant rights counselor is a plus, it is not necessary for the position, which is primarily offering logistical and infrastructural support to the committee. The Counselor Network Coordinator is supervised by the lead coalition staffer and works closely with staff to connect the work of the Counselor Network to the broader education, organizing, and policy efforts of SFADC.
- Convene Counselor Network planning committee: Convene monthly meetings of the planning committee, secure interpretation as needed, and other logistics. Orient new members to the committee and meet periodically with standing committee members to identify priorities and opportunities for ongoing development.
- Coordinate the Counselor Education Program: Support the planning committee to put on at least 6 trainings/ year for a network of over 300 tenant rights counselors and legal service workers in San Francisco. Currently, trainings are remote, but will return to in-person when possible. The coordinator oversees logistics like location and translation and maintains a list of active attendees, advertises upcoming trainings, and oversees registration and the distribution of materials to attendees after trainings.
- Lead the development and distribution of tenant education materials: Logistically support in the development of direct tenant education materials as needed. Coordinate translation, design, and distribution of digital and print materials including social media, flyers, ads on public transit, billboards, and radio spots. Coordinate periodic direct tenant education workshops led by multiple SFADC member organizations.
- Connect committee work to the larger coalition: Track major trends and issues identified by frontline tenant rights counselors and work with the lead coalition staffer to ensure that these insights help guide the broader political work of the coalition. Attend monthly coalition meetings and support the lead staffer with infrastructural tasks as needed.
- Administrative Duties: Complete necessary reporting, invoicing, and other administrative tasks in collaboration with the fiscal lead agency.
- Commitment to housing as a human right, strong tenant protections, and building the power of tenants to ensure safe, stable, and affordable housing for all.
- Computer skills: familiarity with Word, Excel, Zoom, Google Drive, and other basic online organizing tools. Comfort with social media a plus.
- Strong organizational and communications skills. Ability to track multiple tasks independently.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with diverse constituents. Comfort with working in a multiracial and multigenerational coalition space.
- Strong facilitation skills and/or workshop training development a plus
- Familiarity with San Francisco tenant rights and/or existing relationships with SFADC member organizations preferred but not required.
- Fluency in Spanish, Cantonese, or Mandarin a plus.
- The position is currently remote but will require in-person meetings in the future.
- Compensation is $25.20/hr, 20 hours/week non-exempt.
- Position includes a generous benefits package including vacation, holidays, full medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic/acupuncture.
- Email Resume AND Cover Letter to SFADC[at]sfadc[dot]org with “Counselor Network Coordinator Position” in the subject line.
- Application deadline is April 11, 2021.
About the Coalition: Founded in 2013, SFADC is a citywide coalition of tenant organizations which has organized against evictions and rent increases in our city. We believe that all tenants have a right to safe, secure and affordable places to live and support strong public policies that protect these rights. Together we have won campaigns to strengthen the city’s rent ordinance and other reforms preventing thousands of evictions. We also believe that real estate speculation destabilizes neighborhoods, communities and economies and we support regulation and controls on such speculation. Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, we have fought for comprehensive tenant protections that do more than defer evictions and displacement for vulnerable communities.