Call for Artists
The San Francisco Anti-Displacement Coalition (SFADC) is looking for local artists to work with us in creating a series of know-your-rights ads for San Francisco renters. We are looking for illustrators to produce work that will empower tenants and represent the diverse communities that are fighting to keep San Francisco their home.
The ads will be featured on bus shelters across the city and will address common tenant rights issue, with the goal of preventing evictions and displacement. Key topics will include:
- Written records help protect tenants
- Tenants have rights when their buildings are sold or are for sale.
- Tenants are protected from harassment when standing up for their rights or requesting necessary repairs.
- Tenants: stay and fight! There’s help!
To apply, please send a sample of your work and a short description of the themes you would like to address in your piece, and the medium you plan to work in to email@example.com.
If you are selected, we will work with you to finalize a proposal, and pair your work with text from our larger public education campaign. Work will be displayed in bus shelter ads and on SFADC materials. If you would like to incorporate text into your design, we are able to produce work in English, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Chinese, & Tagalog.
- Deadline to submit proposal: April 15th
- Draft pieces due: May 20th
- Completed work due: June 20th
Selected artists will be compensated $5,000 for the finished product